Membership in JPCP Inc is open to professional associations and cognate organizations in the pastoral/spiritual care, counseling, and education movement under the following conditions.
All member organizations shall have the same rights. Agreement by an organization to provide each of its members with online access to The Journal of Pastoral Care & Counseling shall ordinarily be a requirement of membership of such organization in JPCP Inc Pastoral/Spiritual Care, Counseling, and/or Education organizations that do not have a professional membership base may become members of the Corporation based on criteria to be established by the Board of Managers from time to time.
Current Supporting Organizations
- The Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc. (ACPE)
ACPE is a professional association committed to advancing experience-based theological education for seminarians, clergy and lay persons of diverse cultures, ethnic groups and faith traditions. We establish standards, certify supervisors and accredit programs and centers in varied settings. ACPE programs promote the integration of personal history, faith tradition and the behavioral sciences in the practice of spiritual care
- The Canadian Association for Spiritual Care/ Association canadienne de soins spirituels (CASC/ACSS) (Formerly CAPPE/ACPEP)
CASC/ACSS is a national multifaith organization which is committed to the professional education, certification and support of people involved in pastoral care and pastoral counselling. We provide educational programs for lay persons and clergy who are preparing to become chaplains, pastoral counsellors, ministers, priests, or community based pastoral care workers. We also provide education and certification for supervisors and specialists. CASC/ACSS is concerned with a holistic approach to health care and personal development with a special focus on spiritual and religious care
- National Association of Jewish Chaplains (NAJC)
NAJC, founded in 1989, strives to enhance the skills of Jewish Chaplains in order that they might provide quality Jewish religious and spiritual care. The NAJC is at the forefront of promoting the highest standard of professional training and practice for Jewish Chaplains.
To fulfill this mission, the NAJC:
- Sets certification standards and grants certification to qualified Jewish chaplains
- Promotes the ongoing education and professional growth of Jewish chaplains
- Advocates on behalf of Jewish chaplains and Jewish chaplaincy
- programs to other professional chaplaincy organizations, rabbinic and cantorial associations, to seminary and educational institutions, and to the community
- Serves as a clearinghouse for professional full-time and part-time chaplaincy positions
- Provides opportunities for mutual support and hevruta
- NAJC members span the denominational spectrum, serving in hospitals, long-term care centers, hospices, healing centers, educational centers, community chaplaincy programs, prisons, the military and on college campuses. We are truly a pluralistic organization
- National Institute of Business and Industrial Chaplains (NIBIC)
- Is an interdenominational, ecumenical counseling ministry to people in business and industry, responding to individual and family needs, as well as work-life concerns such as job stress and career.
- Is not a denominational promotion scheme, a preaching platform, a defense of paternalism, a labor or management tool, or competition for community services or agencies.
- Is a preventive, as well as problem-solving, ministry and reaches out with concern to all people.
- Is a carefully structured ministry of pastoral care conducted by carefully selected and trained ministers, working within the boundaries of cooperative and supportive business or industry
- College of Pastoral Supervision and Psychotherapy Inc. (CPSP)
The College of Pastoral Supervision & Psychotherapy is a theologically based covenant community, dedicated to "Recovery of Soul." CPSP offers the following:
- Accredited training and credentialing for Pastoral Psychotherapy. Credential is certification as Diplomate in Pastoral Psychotherapy.
- Accredited training and credentialing for Pastoral Supervision. Credential is certification as Diplomate in Pastoral Supervision.
- Accredited training and credentialing for Pastoral Counseling. Credential is certification as Pastoral Counselor or Associate Pastoral Counselor.
- Accredited training and credentialing for Clinical Chaplaincy. Credential is certification as Board Certified Clinical Chaplain or Board Certified Associate Clinical Chaplain